Planning and GIS Lead
Job Announcement: Planning & GIS Lead, Siglo Group, Austin, TX, posted January 28, 2019, open till filled.
Siglo Group is growing! We are looking for a Planning & GIS Lead for our Austin, TX office. We are a small, environmental planning and cartography firm engaged in a variety of projects to help clients integrate land use and natural systems. Projects address land conservation, sustainable development, land use, land management, park planning, cartography, GIS, ecological restoration, and site assessment.
We enjoy our work, the people we get to work with, and the impact we are having on the communities where we work. Scales of projects vary from statewide mapping assessments over millions of acres, to site-specific land management plans and installation oversight. We work in both urban and rural settings, with most work occurring in Texas but expanding to other geographies.
The GIS & Planning lead oversees projects associated with strategic conservation plans, comprehensive plans, watershed plans, online geographic content, and small area plans. The person in this position is responsible for setting standards for geographic data use and management for all projects and for supporting additional management and restoration work through spatial analysis and cartography. This position will manage the needs of projects through direct client contact, best planning and GIS practices, research, written communications, and presentations. This work culminates in plans and exhibits that are driving land conservation in Texas; protecting natural resources, increasing ecologically functionality, and helping communities create a more sustainable future.
- You have a clear desire to work in the conservation, planning, GIS, and land use planning fields.
- You have a degree and/or equivalent experience in at least one of the following fields: conservation biology, geography, planning, landscape architecture, civil engineering, environmental studies, or equivalent.
- You have at least 3 years of experience conducting GIS and planning projects.
- You have at least 1 year of experience supervising others on complex GIS and planning projects.
- You have an aptitude for taking on a variety of tasks, completing them efficiently & effectively.
- You can work well independently and take initiative, and as part of a team, giving input, taking guidance, and following procedures.
- You can work through details with precision while prioritizing important tasks and delegating when appropriate.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and are effective at sharing planning and GIS information with an array of stakeholders.
- You can demonstrate a high level of geographic analysis expertise that includes work with site assessments and/or conservation planning.
- You can demonstrate experience with at least three of the following elements: writing for technical and non-technical audiences, public engagement, map APIs, scenario planning, data management, cartography, and/or infographics.
Submit ONE PDF that includes: 1) cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) at least three work examples that demonstrate the skills mentioned above to email@example.com with “Siglo Planning and GIS Lead Applicant” in the subject line. The position will remain open until filled.